Friday, January 11, 2008

May I Recommend


Eagle vs Shark is a movie that I watched last night and absolutely loved.

Erik got it from Netflix. Usually the stuff from Netflix comes and goes without me paying much, if any, attention to it. Sometimes if Erik thinks I'd be interested in something he will ask if I want to watch it. Usually I say no, but I said that I would give this one a try. I didn't know anything about it other than that Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords was in it.

It's rated R, so sorry to those of you that don't watch that type of movie. But it was far less offensive than so many of those teen movies that are rated PG-13. No nudity, very little language. Just a sweet little movie with some local connections. It was at Sundance last year and it was developed in the Sundance Lab.

There is a great soundtrack to this movie too.

Now I'm in a conundrum. I want to own this movie. But I don't want to buy it right now because of the writer's strike. What's a girl to do? Now I'm Torn just like Zach. I guess I just wait until the strike is over. In the meantime, I think we need to get it from Netflix again and not send it back. Back to the 4-at-a-time plan for us?

3 comments:

Zachary said...

That trailer looks awesome! I have to see it. I wonder if Blockbuster has it...Otherwise...I wait for Netflix.

Smiley Family said...

That looks hilarious! It reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite.

heather said...

Karl got this movie for us about a week or so ago. I've watched it about 20 times since. Maybe more. It's on my TV right now. I'll have to second your recommendation!