Friday, November 20, 2009

Scenes From A Friday Morning

Crib, Max's room, 7:40am
Max: "Mommy?"
Me, from the bathroom: "What Max."
Max: "I took my jammers off."
Me: "Why did you do that?  That's a No-No."
Max: "I took my diaper off."
Me, running down the hall: "WHAT!"
Max, sitting in his bed: "You need to clean this up." *

Freezer, Kitchen, 8:15am
Max: "I want my ice cream."
Me, getting a frozen meal out for lunch: "You can't have ice cream for breakfast."
Max: "MY ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!"
Me: "You will get breakfast at school."
Max: "IIIIICCCCEEEE CCCCREEEEAAAAMMMMMMM."
Me: "Here.  Have a cookie."

Couch, Living Room, 8:30am
Me: "Let's put your jacket on."
Max: "NO!"
Me: "It's cold outside."
Max: "NOOOO!!!"
Me: "Come on, please?  Okay, now this arm.  Thank you."
Max: "No ziiiiippppp!!
Me:  "Whatever.  Let's go."

Carseat, Car, 8:32am
Me: "Sit in your seat."
Max: "I DON"T WANT TO WEAR A JACKET!!!!"
Me: "Fine.  Take it off and put your arms through the straps."
Max: "I DON'T WANT A BLANKET ON ME!!!"
Me: "Okay."

Carseat, Car, 8:33am
Max: "I'M COLD! I'M COOOOLLLLDDDDD!!!!! I'M CCCCCCOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLDDDDD!!!
Me, now driving: "Use the blanket then."

Carseat, Car, 8:35am
Max: "I want something."
Me: "Here's your milk.  Here's your crackers & goldfish."

Carseat, Car, 8:45am
Max: "I want goldfish."
Me, looking back at the bag he's holding: "There's goldfish in the bag."
Max: "They're under the crackers."
Me, reaching back to shake the bag: "There."

Two year olds are AWESOME!!!

Good luck with Max at school today, Miss Coco.

* The diaper was just wet.  But I will need to wash his sheet and mattress pad when we get home.

7 comments:

Smiley Family said...

Haha! I hear ya loud and clear!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Thanks for the giggle. That sounds so familiar.

Zachary said...

I love Max! He is hilarious!

Hellobridgett said...

Awe, Max. Isn't he sweet?

ML said...

Thank you for making me laugh.

Julene said...

lol! Yes, two year olds are great. I am lucky that Jordan has not yet figured out he can take his clothes and diaper off.

Gretch said...

Hilarious!! Gotta love that little guy!