Monday, March 3, 2008

Feedback Please!

I'm looking for some feedback on this redesign. Does it look okay? Too busy? It's still a work in progress. Things may change at the drop of a pin. Or if I'm bored at work.

Please be nice. I'm new at this and I know I don't have the best eye for form and design.

Also, any suggestions for the header? I'm not too happy with it but I don't know what else to do.

Update #1: I tripled the width of the horizontal stripes. Better Zachy? Or still distracting?

Update #2: I'm trying it without the background. I'm not sure which I like better. One was too fussy, the other might be too plain.

10 comments:

Zachary said...

I love the green fading from the top of each post. The horizontal lines in the back are slightly distracting. As for the header...maybe you could change up the font? I like it as is.

Overall, the horizontal lines are the only thing I would change. I think it looks AWESOME.

Smiley Family said...

LOVE the color combo! I am impressed with your skills. I would have no idea where to begin, I just had Rachael do mine.

Zachary said...

Looking Good Sis! Looking Good!

rsheedy said...

I agree with Zach; the gradients are awesome. I also like the color scheme; I'm impressed with your skills! :)

The Lund Five said...

I think that it looks very nice. Cool design.

Julene said...

It looks very professional! I wish I had skills to make my own design. I just go to a website and copy and paste someone else's design.

As for the header, I don't really know what to suggest. Some people customize their headers with a picture or something. But I don't know if you need that.

Anyway, good luck!

Zachary said...

Well I think it looks good. I am impressed.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Hi Monica. I think it looks fabulous and Max is the cutest little kid ever!

Gretch said...

Very impressive! I like the three columns. Only idea from me is can you highlight the middle part a little more? I really like the color choice. Way to go!

Are you in Texas now? I hope you have a great time and that the in-laws have a fun time with Max a million. Maybe he'll start walking for them. :)

Gretch said...

Never mind on the middle part, after looking at it again I think it works great. So you did that yourself? Very cool!